
My Comic Life: Causes of the Civil War
I chose to create my comic life example on various Causes of the Civil War. I chose this topic because it is what my fifth graders are currently studying in Social Studies. There are specific causes laid out in our S.S. standards that they have to know. I could use the example I created to launch a Comic Life project where my students use the program to create their own comic page outlining the causes of the Civil War. Instead of including all the causes on one page like I did, each students could concentrate on creating a comic strip on one cause. Then each group could compile their comic strips to create a larger comic that included all the causes they needed to know. Their work would be a great display item for the hall.
THe civil war is something that is very visual because students can picture the timeframe and what went on during that time. Comic life needs to be used with something that is visual. I was looking at your project and it was very useful and I can see it being useful in 6th through 9th grade classes.
ReplyDelete