Monday, September 7, 2009
My Voicethread Example
As I began to gather my various ideas for creating my VoiceThread example, one particular Math idea stuck in my head. Lately I have had several students struggling in Math and I've been looking for different ways to present the same material. The unit we are currently working on is one where they are learning about different qualities of numbers (odd/even, prime/composite, multiples, factors, divisibility, etc.). The VoiceThread that I ended up developing presented students with different images of numbers. I used the first number (27) to model what it was I wanted them to do. I did a brainstorm of spoken comments about all that I knew about the number 27. Then, with the rest of the numbers, I encouraged my students to make comments on what it was they knew about the number. They had to support all spoken or written comments with mathematical evidence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.